Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Home Studios

Trying to create a home studio is exciting but also a time consuming task based on all the available technology at your disposal.

For some time now, I have been probing the brains of my friends and acquaintances for information as if they were alien abductees lying on a metal slab. After taking what valuable information I could, I then proceeded to research computers, widgets, gidgets, and gadgets on the internet. However, I only became more confused by the vast selection from which I could choose. Naturally, after narrowing down my decision, I realized that the technology I desired the most was out of my reach financially. It became a question of either “get what you can afford” or “wait until you can afford it”.

Yes, I would like to set up my home studio immediately. I dream of getting the melodies, which have been taking up half the space in my brain for years, orchestrated into real, concrete songs, but according to my computer addicted son, if I am going to do it then I might as well do it right.

Word to the wise, never get your teenager involved in your business. Suddenly, the technology you seek is not big enough or bright enough or advanced enough. They will lead you down the garden path to the most expensive set of equipment you can imagine. The 21.5” LED screen is now pathetic compared to the 27.5” LED screen where the images just pop out at you and scream “Buy Me!” Your teenager’s enthusiasm is contagious and can be very dangerous.

Ultimately, I opted for the “wait until you can afford it”, and will continue to save my pennies one by one until I am ready to purchase. In these economic times, I don’t think it is wise to throw hard earned money into something just because I want instant gratification immediately, now, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment