Friday, September 30, 2011

Figures at Dawn

Where is Suzanne Palmer from Figures At Dawn?
Well, I am here.

Welcome to our Figures At Dawn blog and my very first post.
This is one of the places where we will keep you up-to-date as we move forward into the future with new songs, recordings, and remixes of tracks from our album.

If, by chance, you were wondering where I have been these past few years, well, several years ago, I started to experience gradual hearing loss. Eventually, I found myself deaf in one ear with partial hearing in the other. I admit that I was disheartened and discouraged by this event, and I asked myself, “Why me?”

While I reflected on this turn of events in my life, I began to write and illustrate a series of children’s poems. And after a period of time, I realized that losing the majority of my hearing does not hinder my musical abilities. It simply requires a certain amount of adaptation as would any change in a person’s life. After all, life is all about change, ups and downs, getting lost and being found. I have had the good fortune to find myself back in a familiar place amongst friends  and family.
I am happy to say that Figures At Dawn is alive and well. As I mentioned, we are working on remixes of songs like Bridges Burning, Sons Of The Century, Letters From London, and Through The Fire (one of my personal favourites). You can hear some of these remixes on our website. 

I am also pleased to say that Aaron Allan and I will be collaborating on new material, and we will keep you posted along the way. If you would like to ask a question or post a comment on our blog, please do so. We look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment