Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Listening To New Female Vocalists



If you asked me to list some of my favourite artists/bands, I would most likely choose a number of female artists. Yes, I admit that I am biased toward female vocalists like Enya, Kate Bush, and Sarah Mclachlan. Believe it or not, I would even throw Shakira and Britney Spears into the mix.

But the phrase
“heavy metal” has no place in my vocabulary. However, much to my surprise, I may have a change of heart. I have come across a Dutch symphonic metal/rock band from the Netherlands called Within Temptation. The band is fronted by Sharon den Adel, a truly amazing female vocalist. Their music videos reflect a certain dark mood that you may or may not like. Strangely enough, this band has convinced me to be more opened minded towards different types of music and cross over to the dark side …

Tell me what yo think.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment